Complete this form if :
- You are a mortgage lender or legal representative asking the council to postpone its discount sharing charge in favor of a new lender
- You are the homeowner wanting to borrow money tied up in your home.
Before you start
The council will only approve deeds of postponement for improvement works, or if the homeowner is changing their mortgage lender and there is enough equity in the property to cover the whole mortgage and discount sharing charge.
You will need
- The property address
- A debit or credit card to pay the administration fee
- A current valuation of the property
- Confirmation of the amount of the existing mortgage
- Confirmation of the reason for the advance
- Two or more estimates of the costs of the works, if the advance is for home improvements
- Consent of all leaseholders, if there is more than one name on the lease.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents, for example current valuation of the property, confirmation of the amount of the existing mortgage, confirmation of the purpose of the advance, estimates for the cost of the works.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will email to tell you whether your request to postpone the council’s discount sharing charge has been approved or rejected. We aim to do this within 10 working days.
If the request has been approved, it is sent to the council’s legal department who will issue the deed of postponement within 10 working days.
This form should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Please complete all fields marked *