Repossessed properties are exempt from council tax.
Before you start
The exemption begins from the date of possession or the date the property becomes unoccupied, whichever is later.
The exemption ends when the property is sold or if it is returned to owner.
You will need
- Property address details
- Date of repossession
- Details of bank or building society in possession, including contact details and reference number.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB
What happens next
We may need to visit the property before we give the exemption.
We aim to give you an answer within 10 working days. Please check My transactions for updates.
This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.