In Ealing, you do not need to pay council tax for the first 14 days a property becomes unoccupied and unfurnished.
Before you start
- If you have purchased a property that has already been unoccupied and unfurnished, you will not be able to get a new 14-day discount. You will only be able to get a discount on any days left within the initial 14 days.
- If the property has already been unoccupied and unfurnished for more than 14 days, then you will not be able to get a discount.
- Some properties that become unoccupied may be exempt from council tax for longer periods of time. Please check exemptions for unoccupied properties before you complete this form.
You will need
- Council tax account number
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB
What happens next
We aim to give you an answer within 10 working days. Please check My transactions for updates.
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we cannot.
This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.
You don't have the appropriate permissions.