Buildings owned or leased by a charity are exempt from paying council tax for up to six months.
Before you start
Complete this form if:
- You are the account holder
- The building is leased or owned by a charity
- The building has been unoccupied for up to six months
- When last occupied, it was used by a charity.
You will need
- Council tax account number
- Property address
- Verification that previous tenant paid a social rent
- Declaration of charity status with a charity number.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB
What happens next
We aim to give you an answer within 10 working days. Please check My transactions for updates.
We will either reduce your bill or let you know why we cannot.
While you are waiting for a decision, please carry on paying the amount of council tax shown in your last bill.
This form should take approximately four minutes to complete.
Please complete all fields marked *