A property is exempt from council tax if it is empty and will be occupied by a minister of religion.
You will need
- Council tax account number
- Supporting documents like a letter on headed paper from the ministry
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB
What happens next
The council may investigate to check your claim.
We aim to give you an answer within 10 working days. Please check My transactions for updates.
We will either reduce your bill or let you know why we cannot.
This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.