An unoccupied annexe, sometimes known as a granny annexe, is exempt from council tax.
Before you start
- You are the account holder
- letting the annexe would be in breach of planning control.
The exemption continues even if the main property also becomes unoccupied.
You will need
Please upload any documents that confirm the unoccupied annexe cannot be let separately without being in breach of planning control.
You will be asked to upload any supporting documents at the end of the form.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files cannot be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB
What happens next
We may need to visit the property before we give the exemption.
We aim to give you an answer within 10 working days. It may take longer if we are waiting for the result of an inspection. Please check My transactions for updates.
This form should take approximately four minutes to complete.
Please complete all fields marked *