A property may be exempt from council tax if it has been left empty by a person who has been made bankrupt.
Before you start
- A trustee in bankruptcy can apply for this exemption
- You don’t have to have a council tax bill to complete this form
You will need
- Property address
- Evidence like a bankruptcy order
- Contact details of administrator (if you have one)
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB
What happens next
We aim to give you an answer within 10 working days. Please check My transactions for updates.
We will either reduce your bill or let you know why we cannot.
While you are waiting for a decision, please carry on paying the amount of council tax shown in your last bill.
This form should take approximately seven minutes to complete.