If you have a blue badge, you can apply for a disabled parking bay to be marked outside your home or on your street. This is usually needed if you have problems parking close by. A disabled parking bay can be used by anyone with a blue badge.
You do not have to pay for this.
Before you start
- You have a valid blue badge
- You live at the address where you want the disabled parking
- You do not have access to off-street parking, for example a garage or driveway
- It is difficult to park near to your home.
Do not apply if:
- You live on a private road. We can only add a disabled parking bay to a public road
- The blue badge holder is the passenger and can be dropped off outside their home. Disabled parking bays are normally for drivers with a blue badge. We expect an able driver to ‘double park’ so the disabled passenger can get into and out of the car. Then the driver can go and find a suitable parking space.
- You have access to a driveway, garage or other off-street parking.
You will need
- Your blue badge number, expiry date and name of the issuing authority
- Registration number of the vehicle to be parked in the bay
- Vehicle registration document (V5C), sometimes called a log book, or proof of Motability vehicle
- Driving licence
- Photo of the front of the property (if you have one).
Uploading supporting documents
We will ask you to upload some documents; Vehicle registration document (V5C) or Motability vehicle agreement, driving licence.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will let you know within six weeks if you can have a disabled parking bay.
We will contact you if we need more information. You may be asked to go to a face-to-face assessment with an occupational therapist.
Please check My transactions for updates.
It can take up to 10 weeks to mark out a disabled parking bay.
This form should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.