Complete this form to:
- Tell us you have asked the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) for an alternative payment arrangement to pay your housing costs directly to Ealing Council, or
- Ask your neighbourhood housing officer to apply for an alternative payment arrangement for you, to cover your housing costs and or arrears from Universal Credit.
Before you start
You should only complete this form if you are a council tenant and:
- Are a current claimant of the Universal Credit benefit from the DWP
- Unable to currently maintain regular payments of rent and/or arrears
- Are at least eight weeks in arrears.
You will need
- Your rent account reference number
- The date the alternative payment arrangement was requested with the DWP and the date the first payment will be made (if you are telling us of an existing arrangement)
- The date your next Universal Credit payment is due
What happens next
Your details will be sent to your neighbourhood housing officer. They will either record the alternative payment arrangement which you have arranged with the DWP or apply for an alternative payment arrangement from the DWP, if you meet their criteria.
You can check your Universal Credit journal to see if your application has been successful. You should continue to pay your rent until this is confirmed. Please check My transactions for updates.
This form should take approximately seven minutes to complete.
Please complete all fields marked *