You can ask for a refund if you have paid too much council tax.
Before you start
Fill this form if you:
- Are the person responsible for paying council tax
- Have power of attorney for someone else
- Are a named executor.
You will need
- Any documents that help your claim
- If have a power of attorney for the person who has overpaid, please upload a copy of the power of attorney document.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files cannot be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50mb
What happens next
We aim to process your refund within 10 working days, but it may sometimes take up to 21 working days. Please check My transactions for updates.
If we cannot give you a refund, we will tell you why.
This form should take approximately four minutes to complete.
You don't have the appropriate permissions.