A ticket issued for parking or breaking traffic rules, like going against a ‘no right turn’ sign or driving in a bus lane, is known as a penalty charge notice (PCN).
Use this form to pay or challenge your PCN by making an informal challenge or a formal challenge (called a ‘representation’).
Before you start
You can view the evidence of your PCN:
You will also need
- Penalty charge notice number starting with ’EA’. (If you have lost the number, you can get it by completing the request a penalty charge notice number form)
- Your vehicle registration number
- Credit or debit card, if paying a fine
- To explain the reasons, if challenging the PCN and include any evidence you have to support this.
Uploading supporting documents
You can upload documents to support your PCN challenge or representation. For example: A copy of a DVLA letter or invoice if you have sold your vehicle, copy of disabled badge etc.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
Paying a fine: You will see a confirmation on screen when you pay your fine. You may want to save or print it for your records.
Appeals: Your case will be put on hold once we receive your challenge or representation. We will send you a letter within 30 working days to let you know the outcome. This may take longer at busy times.
This form should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.